Saturday, January 05, 2008

Shiny New Anti-Calvinist Web Site

Here is the latest anti-Calvinist propaganda site put forth by Dan Corner (link), aptly titled "No Calvinism". The web site's opening page is very professional looking. While some of the other pages are far more amateurish. The web site includes a link to Dan Corner's deceptively edited audio recording of a private telephone call between him and James White. Here's a challenge for Dan Corner.

Release the entire, unedited telephone conversation!

Here's James White's comments (web post) (including helpful audio discussion here).

Perhaps the most amusing aspect of the web site is the effort made to conceal the fact that the web site is, in fact, a Dan Corner creation. As can be seen in the P.S. below, the web site tries to suggest that Evangelical Outreach is simply a "favorite" of the authors of the web page. Of course it's a favorite, because its from the same organization. The evidence?

In the contact information, NoCalvinism.org's address is the very same P.O. Box in Washington, PA that is used by Dan Corner and Evangelical Outreach. This kind of fake alliance makes sense in view of Dan Corner's deceptive use of audio editing to try to put words in James White's mouth.

By their works, know them.

-Turretinfan

P.S. Special note to "anti-" misusers Hidden One and Dave Armstrong: lest you think I'm misusing the term, note that the web address is "No Calvinism" and that in the "audio" page of the website, the website states: "Visit our favorite anti-Calvinism site." (with that link being to Dan Corner's main web page, "Evangelical Outreach").

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was interesting!

What struck my fancy most in the intro of this new polished anti Calvinism website was, [I had to turn off the sound] every point was about me!

Now that always makes me "tremble" when one is putting that kind of yoke and burden on me. Why would I trust my soul to myself when I don't even trust myself?

Then I remembered that Peter said this:

ESV, 1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

And Paul said that:

ESV, Romans 7:24-25 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

And mostly what Jesus said here:

ESV, Joh 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
Joh 15:17 These things I command you, so that you will love one another.
Joh 15:18 "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
Joh 15:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

And then I remembered something I heard Dr. J Sidlow Baxter repeated an old man say as he and the Vicar of a village Church walked past him one sunny morning as the man sat on a porch sun bathing. He was asking "how you doing" to which the old man said: "fine" "I'm kept"! The old man was in his eighties or nineties!


You have to hand it to Dr. White in his patient enduring of Dan Corner. I wanted to send Dr. White this reply: "Dr. White, after reading the exchange of emails between you and Dan Corner, well, thank God that not everyone thinks well of you"!

Luk 6:26 "Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

michael